Here are six little-known facts about how Wormwood is used today, its purpose centuries ago and what makes it so unique in the plant kingdom.
- Vermouth was inspired by wormwood over 2000 years ago.
- Drinks besides absinthe utilize wormwood.
- Wormwood was used in beer production.
- You can grow wormwood at home.
- You can eat your wormwood.
- Wormwood got its reputation from a smear campaign.
Africa’s well-known Artemisia Afra [a.k.a. “African wormwood”], is a medicinal plant that has been used for treating a variety of ailments such as coughs, fevers, colds, chills, malaria, diabetes, bladder and kidney disorders.